EmilySavant

EmilySavant

Fall into Forever - Beth Hyland

I love dual POV books.

I love books about women looking toward new beginnings.

I love books with tough men that have a soft spot for only a few people.

I love strong sidekicks and interesting prefaces.

And although Fall into Forever has all that good stuff, I didn’t fall in love with this book.

There are books that you can read in one sitting. Sometimes that’s a bad thing, other times it’s the best feeling in the world. To be so connected and interested in a story that it takes over your life as you sink into someone else’s. And that is how this reading experience started out, but about halfway through (somewhere between Ivy freaking the hell out about “this Gretchen chick” in Jon’s friend requests and that tent scene) it lost traction with me. (And I didn’t read it in one sitting, either. A few nights actually).

And I’m pretty sure the reason I did not fall in love with this book is solely Ivy’s fault. I just couldn’t connect with her. She is just trying to start over after a traumatic experience, and apparently all is better once her knight is shining armor shows up. (Which let’s face it, we all want, but he won’t solve all your problems).

Jon is that rugged, fucked up kinda sexy. With a soft heart and anger issues that conflict with one another. “He’s got black gauges in his earlobes the size of a medium-tipped Sharpie. A bruise is starting to form under his left eye.” (Every guy I’ve ever let buy me a drink anywhere. I have a type apparently). His story is interesting and made me teary-eyed a few times!

Also, I’ve read a few books dealing with amnesia, and this is the first where it just randomly blocks out a one particular moment. (I think that’s called selective memory, but whatevs). The amnesia didn’t really add anything to the story, just a background layer.

Little tid-bits I absolutely loved: Arctic Monkey’s mention, glimpses of Jon’s lyrics, Jon’s tattoo (!!omg!!), and the zombie run.

There has to be nothing that cuts deeper than when someone who should protect and care for you denies something you’re having issues with. In this case, I mean Ivy’s bitch mom. I can’t even with her.

Fall into Forever is an overall cute story that I would love to see made into a movie!

It wasn’t my favorite, but it could be yours. I'll definitely keep an eye out for this author in the future!

p.s. is that Zayn Malik on the cover?! Totally looks like him.