EmilySavant

EmilySavant

A Broken Fate

A Broken Fate - Cat Mann A Broken Fate picks up right where A Beautiful Fate left me-sucking in a breath with my eyes wide in surprise.

Everything from the first book is back, and better than ever.

Mrs. Mann’s characters are lively and vibrant. A group I wouldn’t mind spending a day with. Although, I did find myself rolling my eyes at Ava more than once.

Once again, she is a tad off her rocker. She is a whole lotta paranoid, but given the circumstances, she has a right to it. Except for the way she treats Aggie.

Aggie is such a sweetheart (for the most part), and I love her character (anyone who loves Pinterest is a friend of mine). Ava completely disrespects her in every sense of the word. She is ungrateful of the fact that Ari’s family took her in and accepted her as is. She is thankful to be out of his parents’ house. Honey, they took you in when you needed them the most. Show a little gratitude please, dear. But, I let her off the hook because she is being hunted and I’m sure that can’t be easy on the nerves. She is still pretty kick ass, too. However, I feel that she is too self-reliant on Ari.

Ari. Swear to God, this man melts my heart. Ari is protective and gentle. He is such a darling and oh so sexy. Now that he and Ava are married, they are taking things much faster. He is still a gentleman, but he is definitely a little feistier. There is a certain part in this book where he says to Ava, “Let me hear it”, and those 4 words strung together are the sexiest things I’ve ever read in any book.

Max is the perfect addition to their already sweet little family. He broke my heart and I loved his part in the mythological element of this book.

“Oh, my God!” I said for the second time that morning.
Rory put his hand up to stop me.
“Please, Ava, don’t remind me,” he laughed.
^that is why I fucking love Rory. I’m not sure anything more needs to be said.

Julia, August. They’re back and sassy as ever. The perfect interlude when things get too crazy.

"I can't wait to be your grandma, Ava." -Margaux. This had me choking up and love that this will be a big part of the next book!

The twists in this book floored me and I can honestly say that I did not see most of it coming. I love that this one ended on a lighter note and didn’t cause me trauma, unlike A Beautiful Fate.

I cried, I laughed, I cringed through every one of Ava’s flashbacks. It took me longer to get through this one because I have been on a Supernatural binge for the last month, but once I snuggled up to it, I blocked out everything else. I love the way this story flows so easily, and I can’t wait to see how things turn out for the Alexanders.