EmilySavant

EmilySavant

Silent Echo: A Siren's Tale

Silent Echo: A Siren's Tale - Elisa Freilich God’s that text? Mythological beings getting played by autocorrect? Dionysus with a MacBook?

Does all that get your nerdy blood flowing?

Then you’ve come to the right place.

I, for one, love Greek Mythology. It’s something that is completely interesting to me and I’ve always wished was real. (And it may be. Who am I to doubt Zeus?)

The fables have kept my dreams alive since I was a little girl, and is something that has followed me into adulthood. (If an adult is considered a 21 year old that chooses Adventure Time over CSI, then yes, I am an adult.)

There have been many variations all over the literary world, but this book is one that includes my favorites. Dionysus. (Recently, I saw a rendition of “The Frogs” at my local college and completely fell in love with him. And Pluto, but he’s another story.) There is a touch of all the greats in Silent Echo, and that is probably what makes this book great.

Portia, Felix, Charlotte, Max, and even dear Jacqueline are all well rounded characters. For a while, I thought this was just another contemporary, but then the supernatural undertones sprouted and took me on a grand adventure. (Although, this could have just been about a weird love triangle story, and I would have still loved it. There’s something about the writing that is…intoxicating. Mrs. Freilich, are you a Siren!?)
The writing is truly beautiful and I LOVED the songs and poems thrown throughout. Very clever indeed.

I’m assuming (hoping. praying) there will be another. That ending was like a shock to my system and I MUST know what will happen. (With Felix!)

Filled with constant surprises and uncanny revelations, Silent Echo: A Siren's Tale is a great read for anyone looking to get away from life. And delve into the mythological.