EmilySavant

EmilySavant

How I Became a Teenage Survivalist

How I Became a Teenage Survivalist - Julie L. Casey I grew up on a farm in the middle of the country surrounded by rice fields and cattle pastures. Living off the land has always just been a way of life to me. I’m always surprised when I see people from, like Portland or San Francisco, who have just discovered growing gardens for food, like it was their idea or something. Nope, it’s been around forever. We’ve just become so spoiled to grocery stores and supermarkets.

I love the open space of the country. It’s real freedom.

Anyways, this book was a breath of fresh air. I hate to think about any of this actually happening, but the hard reality is that it probably could.

It felt like an episode of Doomsday Preppers, except not so extreme and a lot more rational. (Let’s face it; some of those people are damn fools.) I hope that my family could live a somewhat normal life if something like this were to happen.

I liked stepping into Bracken’s mind. He was very blunt about everything, and I definitely didn’t have to imagine as to what he was thinking about. I loved his family. So sweet!