EmilySavant

EmilySavant

The Probability of Miracles

The Probability of Miracles - Wendy Wunder Maybe it was just the mood I was in, but this book didn't do it for me. I liked it, but I felt like it dragged on. Also, I have grown to despise books written in third-person. I can't connect with them.
It really had everything to do with Cam. In the beginning, she annoyed the piss out of me. I couldn't stand how she would throw her environment activist, save the trees jargon at me every other paragraph. Yeah, we get it, the environment is in danger. She redeemed her selfish personality towards the middle, though.
Also, I really need to stop reading books with a cancer premise. It hits to close to home with me, and just makes me cry the entire time. Yes, Cam and Asher made me cry. Their relationship was the only solid thing in the book that really kept me going. And Cam's realization towards the end is quite sweet, too. And sometimes, the dialog would make me laugh, but most of it just felt dry.
I'm sure there is more I can say about it, but I cant find the words at the time. I finished this book late last night, and am still recovering form crying myself to sleep.

And if anything sticks with me from this book, it is this:
“The magic thing about home is that it feels good to leave, and it feels even better to come back.”

* won from Goodreads