EmilySavant

EmilySavant

So Close to You

So Close to You - Rachel Carter I have been WAITING (im)patiently for that book that sets me on the edge of my seat. The one that puts all my senses on overdrive and dives me head first into a world that I can’t get enough of. This book did it. And it hit me with the force of a 18-wheeler. I feel that the universe is back in my favor. And I thank you for that, Rachel Carter.

I’ve been in a bit of a reading slump, and was disappointed in the last few novels I had read. I looked to So Close to You as the changing point to that. It had a lot to live up to, and I didn’t want my expectations to be let down.
But I’ll be damned if this book just did it for me. Over and over.

The time traveling! Frickin’ awesome. I had no idea the book was even about this!
The romance! Oh my God, Wes is adorable. There is just something about a mysterious guy that gets me. Yeah, I am that girl.
The mystery!
The suspense!

I found myself tearing up at times, because Lydia’s relationship with her grandpa is just too sweet.

So yeah. I don’t know how long the sequel to this will be out (tell me it’s soon!), but the ending left me in pieces.
I want more, Mrs. Carter. The world you created is awesome.