EmilySavant

EmilySavant

Sing Me to Sleep

Sing Me to Sleep - Angela Morrison Sing Me to Sleep started off slow, but the last few chapters were a ride. A ride that had me in tears.

I was bored and anxious for a good part of this book because of Beth and Derek’s relationship. (Mostly Beth’s attitude*). She was super clingy, and also the fact that she felt like she couldn’t live without him pissed me off. I hate girls who act as if their world revolves around their relationship.

Reality check: it doesn’t.

And then to just throw poor Scott under the bus! He was there for her when no one else was and then once she gets a boyfriend (and some freaking eyeliner), it’s like he doesn’t even exist. Another thing I dislike that people do in relationships.

Beth was also the most clueless person I have ever read about. Even I picked up on the fact that Derek was sick! (Although, I was surprised about what he had and how that would end.) Furthermore, after Derek died, Beth said something about “leaving me was better”* because she was still feeling like she was “The Beast. OH MY GOD! Dude, his death was NOT about you!

Anyways, I went into this book thinking it was about music. It was about way more and made me cry more than I would have liked too.

*things that piss me off